Drivers are special types of computer programs that let your computer OS or other applications to interact with some hardware you connected. For example, your computer doesn’t know how to use all your printer features, and it needs driver to do that. Similar to other computer programs, drivers have updates as well. There are some tips that when you actually should update your drivers.
The golden rule is “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Instead, only update your drivers if you:
- Having problem with your hardware device.
- Experiencing missing or corrupted drivers.
- Having driver security problem.
- Need new features that is not supported by existing old driver version.
- Need performance increase for certain drivers like video drivers especially in new games.